Speeding up your code
- First you should try to get an idea which routines are consuming most of your CPU time:
- Rebuild the whole code with "make MODE=prof" (works with ifort and gfortran).
- Run the code with a sample job card. This will generate an additional file called "gmon.out".
- After the succesful run, just execute
gprof GiBUU.x gmon.out
which gives you the amount of consumed CPU time per subroutine.
- Now comes the hard part: Reducing the run time of the main consumers ...
Download in other formats: